|You are reading the page dedicated to the EP. You may have been wanting to read about the song of the same name.|
Choke is the second extended play (EP) by Poppy. The EP was released on June 28th, 2019.
Background and Conception
On May 7th, 2019, Poppy had confirmed on Poppy.Church that there would be a new EP coming out in addition to I C U (Music to Read To), the ambient soundtrack to Poppy's graphic novel Genesis 1. The EP was Poppy's final release with Mad Decent.
On June 19th, 2019, the EP was made available for pre-order. A physical cassette release of the EP was announced on the same day, which was released on July 30th, 2019.
Poppy first announced a tour to promote Choke, as well as her then-upcoming third album I Disagree, on August 7th, 2019. The tour also featured Bring Me the Horizon and Sleeping with Sirens. Ticket sales began on August 9th, 2019. The tour began on October 10th, 2019 and ended on November 2nd, 2019.
|1.||"Choke"||Poppy||Poppy, Titanic Sinclair||Sinclair||4:02|
|Poppy, Sinclair, Chris Greatti, Zakk Cervini, Stephen Harrison||Greatti, Cervini||3:02|
|4.||"Meat"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Simon Wilcox||Sinclair||3:32|
|5.||"The Holy Mountain"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair||Sinclair||3:32|
"Voicemail" was released to digital retailers through I'm Poppy Records and Mad Decent on February 7th, 2019, and served as the first single to the EP. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, who also produced the song.
"Scary Mask" was released to digital retailers through I'm Poppy Records and Mad Decent along with its music video on May 29th, 2019, and served as the second single to the EP. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti, Zakk Cervini and Stephen Harrison, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"Choke" was released to digital retailers through I'm Poppy Records and Mad Decent on June 19th, 2019, and served as the third single to the EP. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, who also produced the song.
- The cover art was photographed by Katai.
- The outfit that Poppy wears on the cover of the EP is the same one she wears in her video "4k, 5G, 6th Sense".
- In an interview with Gigwise, Poppy revealed that the original title of the EP was going to be Meat and that it had different cover art. However, she later decided against this name and chose Choke instead.
- Titanic Sinclair stated on Twitter that he had produced all of the songs on the EP besides "Scary Mask" during one weekend in California at Joshua Tree National Park.
- Poppy has stated that "Scary Mask" is her favorite song from the EP.