"Fill the Crown" is a song by Poppy. It served as the fourth single from her third studio album I Disagree and is the fifth track on the album. It was released on December 11th, 2019 alongside a music video.
On November 26th, 2019, Poppy revealed the title along with the tracklist to I Disagree on Instagram.
On December 2nd, 2019, Poppy hinted in an Instagram post that the song would be the album's fourth single. The single's release date of December 11th, 2019 was announced alongside a teaser for the music video the following day. A second teaser for the music video was posted on Instagram on December 10th, 2019, though it was deleted shortly after.
"'Fill the Crown' is empowering as well, but it’s more of a tongue-in-cheek kind of empowerment. It’s a nod to artists who say 'You can be anyone you want to be' in interviews, which is true and sometimes the message is as simple as that and you can take it at face value." - Poppy in an interview with Apple Music
- This is the first Poppy era music video not be distributed through her own YouTube channel, being distributed through Sumerian Records' YouTube channel instead.
- The music video is a homage to the 1957 historical fantasy film The Seventh Seal.
- It is highly speculated that the backing vocalist is Marilyn Manson due to the vocals being similar to his, as well as Poppy being friends with Manson and wanting to collaborate with him prior to the song's release.
- Despite initial rumors that the backing vocalist was Ghostemane due to Poppy beginning a romantic relationship with him several weeks prior, the backing vocalist remains uncredited and unidentified.
- Fans had speculated that the backing vocalist was Chris Greatti doing a Manson impression. However, during an Instagram Live video on December 23rd, 2019, a fan had asked Greatti if he was the male vocalist. Greatti denied this and said that the uncredited artist's identity is "top secret".
- Poppy stated in an interview with Alternative Press that she was influenced by Rammstein, Marilyn Manson and early Madonna when writing "Fill the Crown".
- It is speculated that the lyric "fill the crown, let them know we're fed" is a reversed message. When the lyric is reversed, "everyone with the mark will live" can be heard.
- In the music video, Poppy has a computer chip mark on her wrist.
- On April 16th, 2020, Poppy uploaded a makeup tutorial for one of her looks from the music video.