Eric Whitney, professionally known as Ghostemane, is an American rapper and singer-songwriter. He is the current fiancé of Poppy.
Whitney was born on April 15th, 1991 in Lake Worth, Florida. When Whitney was a teenager, he had been interested in hardcore punk music and performed in several bands such as Nemesis and Seven Serpents. During his time with Nemesis, a bandmate of Whitney's had introduced him to Memphis rap, sparking his interest in rap.
In 2015, Whitney moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue his musical career. He had been associated with various musical groups such as Schemaposse and $uicideboy$. In 2018, he released an album titled N/O/I/S/E which was influenced by industrial rock, nu metal, Metallica, Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.
Relationship with Poppy
Poppy had met Ghostemane at the Reading Leeds Festival in Leeds, United Kingdom on August 24th, 2019. They had performed on the same stage on the same day.
In November 2019, Poppy and Ghostemane frequently posted pictures of each other on their Instagram stories. On November 27th, 2019, Ghostemane posted a picture of him and Poppy holding hands. On December 3rd, 2019, he confirmed with several Poppy fans in Instagram direct messages that he and Poppy were dating.
Currently, they frequently post activities with each other on their Instagram stories.
He has made two appearances in Poppy's YouTube videos. He first makes a cameo in "DIY Magazine Look with Poppy", appearing in a photo from the DIY Magazine photoshoot that is shown in the video, although his face is hidden. He later guest-starred in "My Fiancé Does My Makeup", where he applies one of his favorite tour makeup looks on Poppy.
On July 8th, 2020, Ghostemane proposed to Poppy after 9 months of dating. After mass fan speculation that the two were engaged following Poppy posting an image to her Instagram story of a unique ring on her ring finger. Poppy confirmed the following day on Twitter that she and Ghostemane were engaged. The wedding date has yet to be announced.
The Ghostemane gallery can be found here.
- Poppy has attended one of his live concerts.
- He attended Poppy's album release party for I Disagree.
- During a 2020 Reddit AMA, Poppy was asked if she liked black metal, to which she responded "I like ghostemane."
- His cats Kiki and Damien are Pi's adoptive siblings.
- ↑ https://stayloud.skullcandy.com/stories/ghostemane/
- ↑ https://www.stereogum.com/1962120/thanks-to-ghostemane-industrial-and-metal-are-rap-now/franchises/status-aint-hood/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ExposingSeeds/status/1201876084192616451/photo/1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ExposingSeeds/status/1201859119336042496
- ↑ https://twitter.com/poppy/status/1281383703340625921
- ↑ https://twitter.com/poppyupdate/status/1199480257784557568
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/popheads/comments/emutlq/poppy_i_disagree_ama/fdraib2/