|You are reading the page dedicated to the song. You may have been wanting to read about the YouTube Red Original, the website, the record label or the video of the same name.|
"I'm Poppy" was released on January 31st, 2017. To promote the single, Charlotte, a recurring character on Poppy's YouTube channel, "leaked" a snippet of the song in the video "I Have Poppy's New Song". Poppy can be heard in the background exclaiming: "Charlotte, why are you doing this? They told me I couldn't release it today!". A shortened version was then uploaded to Poppy's YouTube channel on February 14th, 2017.
This song is an introduction to Poppy and what it is like in her world. The lyrics tell the listener how to be like her and how everyone is happy watching her YouTube videos on the internet.
- When this song was released, "That Poppy" was one of the most searched artists on iTunes.
- This song was one of the songs requested to be played at Apple's WWDC 2017.
- The official version is about 52 seconds longer than the version posted on Poppy's YouTube channel.
- An alternate title for this song is "That Poppy".
- This was the last song ever released under Poppy's previous stage name, That Poppy.
- However, it was later re-released on her debut album under her current name, Poppy.
- The single artwork for the song is likely taken from the video "I Like Magic", as Poppy wears the same outfit and hairstyle from the video.
- It is currently the second most-viewed music video on Poppy's channel, having over 8 million views.
- Titanic Sinclair provides the robotic voice in the pre-choruses.
- Before the bridge, a coin sound effect from the video game Super Mario Bros. can be heard.