|You are reading the page dedicated to the song. You may have been wanting to read about the YouTube Red Original, the record label or the video of the same name.|
"I'm Poppy" is a song by Poppy. It served as the lead single from her debut studio album Poppy.Computer and is the first track on the album. It was released on February 14th, 2017 alongside a lyric video. The lyric video currently has over 10 million views on YouTube.
"I'm Poppy" was originally going to be released on January 31st, 2017. Instead, Charlotte, a recurring character on Poppy's YouTube channel, "leaked" a snippet of the song in the video "I Have Poppy's New Song". Poppy can be heard in the background exclaiming: "Charlotte, why are you doing this? They told me I couldn't release it today!". The release date was then pushed back to February 14th, 2017.
This song is an introduction to Poppy and what it is like in her world. The lyrics tell the listener how to be like her and how everyone is happy watching her YouTube videos on the internet.
- When this song was released, "That Poppy" was one of the most searched artists on iTunes.
- The song's title was referenced in an example request for the Apple HomePod at Apple's WWDC 2017 keynote. Phil Schiller, the Senior Vice President of Apple, recommended the audience to check out the song if they were unfamiliar with it.
- The official version is about 52 seconds longer than the version posted on Poppy's YouTube channel.
- This was the last song ever released under Poppy's previous stage name, That Poppy.
- However, it was later re-released on her debut album under her current name, Poppy.
- The outfit Poppy wears in the single artwork is the same one she wears in her video "I Like Magic".
- It is currently the second most-viewed music video on Poppy's channel, having over 10 million views.
- Titanic Sinclair provides the robotic voice in the pre-choruses.
- Before the bridge, a coin sound effect from the video game Super Mario Bros. can be heard.
- Daria Solovyeva was Poppy's hairstylist for the cover art photoshoot, while Jenna Nelson was her makeup artist.