Background and Conception
On January 8th, 2019, Poppy announced that she would be publishing a graphic novel titled Genesis 1 in July 2019. This announcement also revealed that the graphic novel would be bundled with an album. In an interview with Gigwise on January 24th, 2019, Poppy confirmed that the album would be an ambient album and would be released under I'm Poppy Records. Poppy announced its title in a now-deleted promotional tweet for Genesis 1. The album is intended to be played as one reads along with the graphic novel.
The album is available in two formats. The deluxe edition of the book is bundled with a vinyl of the album, while the book also contains a QR code for a free digital download of the album on Bandcamp. The album was also released to streaming services on July 19th, 2019.
Similar to Poppy's previous ambient album, 3:36 (Music to Sleep To), the album does not contain any of Poppy's vocals, instead being a set of instrumentals composed by Poppy and produced by Titanic Sinclair.
|6.||"Make It Happen"||Poppy||Sinclair||4:03|
- The album follows a similar naming convention with Poppy's previous ambient album, 3:36 (Music to Sleep To), as well as Music to Scream To, the soundtrack to her graphic novel Damnation: Poppy's Inferno.
- This is the only Poppy album to not feature herself on the album cover.
- The version of the album released to streaming services was originally credited to Poppydef for unknown reasons. It has since been changed to Poppy.
- ↑ https://www.gigwise.com/features/3304522/poppy-interview-new-coming-book-release-and-companion-album
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20190715155747/https://twitter.com/poppy/status/1124381854742671360