|You are reading the page dedicated to the album. You may have been wanting to read about the song of the same name.|
Background and Conception
On September 19th, 2018, Poppy had confirmed the album in a now-deleted tweet, stating "I made this album and now I'm making another one". On November 28th, 2018, Poppy stated in the Poppy.Church Atrium that she had been working on the tour and new album, and that "there is still time before you will hear the new album". She further revealed that she had new songs that would be released soon, as "breaks are boring".
Following the Am I A Girl? Tour, Poppy revealed that the title of her third album would start with a P and that she would be touring again in 2019 to promote the album. However, the album title was later changed during production. In June 2019, Poppy confirmed in an interview with BUILD Series that the album would feature the Icky Babies.
On September 30th, 2019, Poppy revealed the album's title, release date and artwork on social media.
In an interview with Forbes, Poppy described the music that would be on the album as "post-genre". Speaking on the album's sound, Poppy said in an interview with Upset Magazine:
"We just wanted to see if we could one-up "X". And I feel like we did. It's a taste of what is to come on the new album, but we're leaning harder into the heavier direction on the rest of the record, which is exciting. I feel like I've got to awaken this dormant creature inside of me."
In an interview with Enfnts Terribles, Poppy described the aspects of the album on behalf of her musical reinvention:
"People are calling it my third album, but it really feels like my first. I feel like everything that we've been working on is synchronizing. I feel like the past two albums were more of a sound bet to the YouTube videos we're making."
Poppy first announced the Threesome Tour to promote the album, as well as her "Choke" EP, on August 7th, 2019. The tour also featured Bring Me The Horizon and Sleeping With Sirens. Ticket sales began on August 9th, 2019. The tour began on October 10th, 2019 and ended on November 2nd, 2019.
Poppy announced another tour to promote the album, the I Disagree Tour, on October 9th, 2019. The tour's first leg will take place in North America between January 22nd, 2020 and February 21st, 2020, while the second leg will take place in Eurasia between March 12th, 2020 and March 30th, 2020. Ticket sales for the Eurasia leg began on October 11th, 2019, and ticket sales for the North America leg began on November 8th, 2019.
|1.||"Concrete"||Poppy||Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti||Greatti, Zakk Cervini||3:20|
|2.||"I Disagree"||Poppy||Poppy||Greatti, Cervini||3:13|
|3.||"Bloodmoney"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:02|
- "Bite Your Teeth"
- "I Disagree"
"Concrete" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on August 22nd, 2019, and served as the first single to the album. Poppy co-wrote and produced the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini.
"I Disagree" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on October 4th, 2019, and served as the second single to the album.
"Bloodmoney" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on November 6th, 2019, and served as the third single to the album.
- The cover art was designed by Jesse Draxler.
- Poppy had said in several interviews that the album would be released at the end of 2019; however, it was pushed back to January 2020.
- When the album was initially made available for digital pre-ordering, the release date was listed as November 11th, 2019. Poppy confirmed in an interview with SWIM Podcast that this was the original release date for the album.
- Poppy stated in an interview with the Zach Sang Show that half of "Am I A Girl?" was a "preview" for this album.
- In an interview with Gigwise, Poppy revealed that the album will contain "a lot of collaborations".
- In May of 2019, Poppy posted a promotional video for an untitled European tour on her Instagram story. The video listed September 2019 tour dates, as well as revealed that the Icky Babies would accompany Poppy on the tour. The video was deleted shortly after, and the tour dates were not officially re-announced.
- Poppy stated on her Instagram story that this is her favorite album she has made to date.
- Titanic Sinclair stated in an interview with SWIM Podcast that "Bloodmoney" is his favorite song from the album.
- This is the first album that Poppy has promoted with two separate tours, the Threesome Tour and the I Disagree Tour.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/poppy/status/1178701511011926017
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PoppyUpdate/status/1067915684942893056
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PoppyUpdate/status/1101567733760704518
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usF1v6HtEvE
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PoppyUpdate/status/1171933754945933313
- ↑ https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbenjamin/2019/01/25/poppy-voicemail-new-single-sundance-2019-interview
- ↑ https://www.upsetmagazine.com/news/poppy-has-dropped-the-title-track-from-her-upcoming-album-i-disagree
- ↑ https://enfntsterribles.com/we-hung-out-with-poppy-paris-fashion-week/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/poppy/status/1181856915116187648
- ↑ https://play.acast.com/s/someonewhoisntme/32cc5865-f7bd-48db-ab31-99f1e8a047ad
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBjbTtu8Bk
- ↑ https://www.gigwise.com/features/3304522/poppy-interview-new-coming-book-release-and-companion-album
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yx2h-k0jE
- ↑ https://i.imgur.com/RSyuWDv.png