|You are reading the page dedicated to the album. You may have been wanting to read about the song of the same name.|
Background and Conception
On September 19th, 2018, Poppy had confirmed the album in a now-deleted tweet, stating "I made this album and now I'm making another one". On November 28th, 2018, Poppy stated in the Poppy.Church Atrium that she had been working on the tour and new album, and that "there is still time before you will hear the new album". She further revealed that she had new songs that would be released soon, as "breaks are boring".
Following the Am I a Girl? Tour, Poppy revealed that the title of her third album would start with a P and that she would be touring again in 2019 to promote the album. However, the album title was later changed during production. In June 2019, Poppy confirmed in an interview with BUILD Series that the album would feature the Icky Babies.
On September 11th, 2019, Poppy, Chris Greatti, Zakk Cervini and Titanic Sinclair each announced on their Instagram stories that the album was complete. Poppy stated in an interview with Clash Magazine that the album was worked on over the course of nine months.
On September 30th, 2019, Poppy revealed the album's title, release date and artwork on social media. On November 26th, 2019, Poppy revealed the album's tracklist on Instagram.
I Disagree (more)
On April 12th, 2020, Sumerian Records confirmed that the album would be receiving a deluxe edition in summer 2020. On July 28th, 2020, Poppy announced that the deluxe edition of the album would be titled I Disagree (more) and would be released on August 14th, 2020. The deluxe edition includes four bonus tracks.
In an interview with Forbes, Poppy described the album's music as "post-genre".
Poppy explained the album's overall message in an interview with Alternative Press:
"The album as a whole is just about not stepping to anyone and disagreeing with people in positions of power and not accepting "no" for an answer or "you can't." And sometimes when people tell you [that], or at least when I'm told that I can't, it makes me want to have it more. It's all about burning down the music industry in a way and stepping out of any box that anyone might have tried to lock me up inside. The message is empowerment, not gender specific. Just empowerment."
In an interview with Enfnts Terribles, Poppy described the aspects of the album on behalf of her musical reinvention:
"People are calling it my third album, but it really feels like my first. I feel like everything that we've been working on is synchronizing. I feel like the past two albums were more of a sound bed to the YouTube videos we're making."
Poppy first announced the Threesome Tour to promote the album, as well as her Choke EP, on August 7th, 2019. The tour also featured Bring Me the Horizon and Sleeping with Sirens. Ticket sales began on August 9th, 2019. The tour began on October 10th, 2019 and ended on November 2nd, 2019.
Poppy announced another tour to promote the album, the I Disagree Tour, on October 9th, 2019. The tour's first and only leg took place in North America between January 22nd, 2020 and February 21st, 2020. The second leg would have originally taken place in Eurasia between March 12th, 2020 and March 30th, 2020, but these dates were canceled as a result of local governments in Europe shutting down live engagements due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ticket sales for the Eurasia leg began on October 11th, 2019, and ticket sales for the North America leg began on November 8th, 2019.
On April 7th, 2021, Poppy announced on social media that she would be hosting a virtual performance entitled "The Last Disagreement" to mark the end of the I Disagree era. Virtual "tickets" were sold for $20.00 USD, including exclusive merchandise bundle ticket offers alongside the standard.
The album experienced moderate chart success in Australia, Scotland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In Australia, the album debuted at number 19, and in Scotland, it debuted and peaked at 67 where it stayed for one week. In the United Kingdom, it charted on three different charts; Digital albums, Independent albums, and Rock & Metal albums, at 37, 11, and 1 respectively. In the United States, the album debuted at 130 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 7,000 units, marking Poppy's first appearance on the official Billboard chart. It also charted in Independent, Top Hard Rock, and Top Rock albums at numbers 12, 5, and 15 respectively.
|1.||"Concrete"||Poppy||Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti, Zakk Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:20|
|2.||"I Disagree"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:13|
|3.||"Bloodmoney"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:02|
|4.||"Anything Like Me"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:19|
|5.||"Fill the Crown"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:32|
|6.||"Nothing I Need"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||2:49|
|7.||"Sit / Stay"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:54|
|8.||"Bite Your Teeth"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||2:42|
|9.||"Sick of the Sun"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||3:11|
|10.||"Don't Go Outside"||Poppy||Poppy, Sinclair, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||6:06|
I Disagree (more) bonus tracks
|11.||"If It Bleeds"||Poppy||Poppy, Greatti||Greatti, Cervini||2:41|
|12.||"Bleep Bloop"||Poppy||Poppy, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||1:58|
|13.||"Khaos x4"||Poppy||Poppy, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||2:57|
|14.||"Don't Ask"||Poppy||Poppy, Greatti, Cervini||Greatti, Cervini||2:49|
"Concrete" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on August 22nd, 2019, and served as the first single to the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"I Disagree" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on October 4th, 2019, and served as the second single to the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"Bloodmoney" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on November 6th, 2019, and served as the third single to the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"Fill the Crown" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on December 11th, 2019, and served as the fourth single to the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"Anything Like Me" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records along with its music video on January 10th, 2020, and served as the fifth single to the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Titanic Sinclair, Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
"Khaos x4" was released to digital retailers through Sumerian Records on July 28th, 2020, and served as the first single to the deluxe edition of the album. Poppy co-wrote the song with Chris Greatti and Zakk Cervini, and it was produced by Greatti and Cervini.
- The cover art for both the standard and deluxe editions were designed by Jesse Draxler.
- Poppy had said in several interviews that the album would be released at the end of 2019; however, it was pushed back to January 2020.
- When the album was initially made available for digital pre-ordering, the release date was listed as November 11th, 2019. Poppy confirmed in an interview with SWIM Podcast that this was the original release date for the album.
- Poppy stated in an interview with the Zach Sang Show that half of Am I a Girl? was a "preview" for this album.
- In an interview with Gigwise, Poppy had said that the album would contain "a lot of collaborations". However, no featured artists are credited on the album, and it is likely these planned collaborations were scrapped.
- In the same interview, she mentioned that the album would be released on I'm Poppy Records. However, it was released on Sumerian Records instead.
- In May of 2019, Poppy posted a promotional video for an untitled European tour on her Instagram story. The video listed September 2019 tour dates, as well as revealed that the Icky Babies would accompany Poppy on the tour. The video was deleted shortly after, and the tour dates were not officially re-announced.
- Poppy stated on her Instagram story that this is her favorite album she has made to date.
- Titanic Sinclair has stated that "Bloodmoney" is his favorite song from the album.
- Chris Greatti has stated that "Don't Go Outside", "Sit / Stay", "Anything Like Me" and "Bloodmoney" are his favorite songs from the album.
- This is the first album that Poppy has promoted with two separate tours, the Threesome Tour and the I Disagree Tour.
- This album marks the last Poppy release to feature involvement from Titanic Sinclair, due to Poppy ending her professional relationship with him in late 2019.
- This album is the first and only Poppy release to date to receive a deluxe edition.
- The digital download for the standard edition of the album shows the originally-exported files under their original filenames.