"Voicemail" is a single by Poppy. The music video was released on January 31st, 2019, while the song was officially released to streaming services on February 7th, 2019. The music video currently has over 1 million views on YouTube.
Poppy revealed the song title in an interview with Forbes. Though it was initially believed to appear on her third studio album, Poppy confirmed in an interview with 103.3 AMP Radio that it would be a standalone single.
- The Japanese lyrics in the second verse, "kimi hazukashii, te ni imashou", roughly translate to "you are embarrassing, let's go".
- This is the fourth Poppy song to feature bilingual lyrics, with the second verse incorporating both English and Japanese. This was preceded by "Moshi Moshi", which incorporates both English and Japanese, as well as "Hard Feelings" and "Aristocrat", which incorporate both English and French.
- Poppy has said that the music video for "Voicemail" is a "continuation" of the "X" music video.
- The mixing of the single version is considerably different from the music video version; the song begins with a fade-in, the vocals have more reverb, and the synths are lowered in volume.
- The lyric "Poppy is your mommy" would later be referenced in Poppy's video "Your Mommy", in which she labels her viewers as her "children" and herself as their "mommy".